Recently, I was honored to be selected as one of Canada's Top 40 under 40 presented by Caldwell Partners and The Globe and Mail. I've known for over a month that I was going to receive this recognition prior to the announcement this week. It was a tough secret to keep, but it was worth it because since the news became public I have been overwhelmed with congratulatory notes from friends, family, colleagues and peers.
While I haven't been to Toronto to let it really sink in and celebrate with my fellow classmates, I have had some time to reflect and share some initial thoughts about being named one of Canada's Top 40 under 40.
- First of all, I want to express how appreciative I am of this honor. I look at my fellow classmates also selected this year and I look at the alumni from years past and I am humbled to be in such company.
- This honor has to be shared with my wife Julia. It's real simple, I am not a successful entrepreneur without the love and support of my wife and best friend. When I was making NO money years ago, she stuck with me, it's as simple as that.
- My business partner Maurice is the rock that I lean on. Be it good or bad, Moe is always there for me. Always.
- Lets face it, I am not selected for this award without the success of ICUC. While I might steer the ship at ICUC, it's the entire team that is the reason we have had the success we have had. It is this team that I am most proud of and should share in this award.
- I have mixed feelings about being the only Manitoban selected. While I am certainly honored, we must have some other worthy candidates from our great province?
- Speaking of Manitoba, where are the Manitoba Alumni? I haven't heard a peep from any of them.
- I am looking forward to meeting and learning from the other members of this years class as well as the previous years alumni. What I look forward to most however, is the chance to make some new friends and build some new long lasting relationships.
Thats it for now.